Subscribe in a reader

Monday, August 06, 2007

Drayton Update

I should have posted this about a week ago, but I've finished revising Chapter 13.

In other news, the university I work at is sponsoring a novel writing contest, and I think I'm going to submit. It's not a big deal, and the deadline isn't for months yet, so I should be able to revise the remaining chapters in the meantime.

In regards to that, I am brushing up the first several chapters quickly since the opening salvo in the contest is a 30-to-50 page chunk. I think I'm improving it, making it less jokey and more in Drayton's true voice.

Of course, the rewriting never stops, not until some publisher makes you.

After I finish this brush-up, I'll start on Chapter 14.

I might actually end up adding a chapter. I'm not 100 percent sure yet, but I had an interesting idea. It's just a question of whether or not it really belongs or if it's something I'm trying to force. We'll see.

No comments: